Three Counties Championship Show Results on the Show News Page
Patron: Mrs. Ferelith Somerfield
President: Mr. Jeff Horswell
Mrs. Liz Cartledge
Mrs. Pat Johnson
Mrs. Betty Judge
Mr. Robin Searle
Mr. Vitor Veiga
Chair: Mrs. Betty Judge
Vice Chair: Mrs. Pat Johnson
Hon. Secretary: Mrs. Betty Judge (acting)
Hon. Treasurer: Mrs. Wendy Mooney
Mrs. Deborah Crockford *
Mr. Nigel Crockford (Webmaster)
Mrs. Jennifer Folds
Position Vacant (Membership Secretary)
Mrs. Wendy Green
Mrs. Loretta Haines
Mr. Mike Haines
* Co-opted ** Acting
Pat Johnson - 01371 820387
Betty Judge - 01793 783297
The Kennel Club Health Coordinator for the Portuguese Podengo
Betty Judge - 01793 783297
The Kennel Club Breed Education Coordinator for the Portuguese Podengo
Membership of the club is open to anyone with an interest in the Portuguese Podengo. You do not have to be GB-based: membership is open to all. Subscriptions start at £10 per annum with discounted rates for Joint and Junior members.
To join, download the PPCGB Membership & Renewal Form, complete it and post it to the address on the form. Please note on it if you have paid by PayPal. If you wish to renew your membership by Standing Order, complete the Standing Order mandate on the form. If you prefer to pay or renew by PayPal, use the "Pay by PayPal" button below.
If you have any queries about the club or membership, please contact our Membership Secretary at email@example.com
1. Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2. Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal, or who carries out a Caesarean Section on a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3. Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which may not conform to the Breed Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4. Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5. Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
6. Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could be in any way harmful to the dog or to the breed.
7. Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.
8. Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under effective control when away from home.
9. Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.
10. Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11. Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12. Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward all relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13. Will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
14. Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.